Cubs vs. Padres Probable Starting Pitchers Today - June 3
The San Diego Padres (26-31) host the Chicago Cubs (25-31) at 10:10 PM ET on Saturday.
The Padres will call on Yu Darvish (3-4) against the Cubs and Drew Smyly (5-2).
Bet Now: Get the latest odds for this matchup and pitcher props on BetMGM. New depositors can use bonus code "GNPLAY" for special offers!
Cubs vs. Padres Pitcher Matchup Info
- Date: Saturday, June 3, 2023
- Time: 10:10 PM ET
- TV: Fox Sports 1
- Location: San Diego, California
- Venue: PETCO Park
- Live Stream: Watch this game on Fubo!
- Probable Pitchers: Darvish - SD (3-4, 4.61 ERA) vs Smyly - CHC (5-2, 3.45 ERA)
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Padres vs Cubs Betting Trends & Stats|
|Padres vs Cubs Player Props|
|How to Watch Padres vs Cubs|
|Padres vs Cubs Odds|
|Padres vs Cubs Prediction|
Cubs Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Drew Smyly
- Smyly makes the start for the Cubs, his 12th of the season. He is 5-2 with a 3.45 ERA and 53 strikeouts in 60 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Sunday against the Cincinnati Reds, the left-hander threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- In 11 games this season, the 33-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.45, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .215 against him.
- Smyly has collected four quality starts this year.
- Smyly will try to record his ninth outing of five or more innings pitched this season. He averages 5.5 innings per appearance.
Drew Smyly vs. Padres
- He will face a Padres offense that ranks 25th in the league with 235 total runs scored while batting .220 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .380 slugging percentage (25th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 65 home runs (14th in the league).
- Smyly has thrown five innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out four against the Padres this season.
Padres Probable Starting Pitcher Tonight: Yu Darvish
- The Padres will hand the ball to Darvish (3-4) for his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander's last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 2 2/3 innings against the New York Yankees, giving up seven earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 4.61 and 9.4 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .244 in 10 games this season.
- He has four quality starts in 10 chances this season.
- In 10 starts this season, Darvish has lasted five or more innings nine times, with an average of 5.6 innings per appearance.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit BetMGM for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.