Cubs vs. Reds: Odds, spread, over/under - May 26
Nico Hoerner's Chicago Cubs (22-27) and Jonathan India's Cincinnati Reds (21-29) will go head to head in the series opener on Friday, May 26 at Wrigley Field. The matchup will start at 2:20 PM ET.
Bookmakers list the Cubs as -150 moneyline favorites, while giving the underdog Reds +125 moneyline odds to win. Chicago is the run-line favorite (-1.5). The over/under is 6.5 runs for the matchup (with -110 odds on the over and -110 odds to go under).
Cubs vs. Reds Time and TV Channel
- Date: Friday, May 26, 2023
- Time: 2:20 PM ET
- TV: MLB Network
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Venue: Wrigley Field
- Probable Pitchers: Justin Steele - CHC (6-1, 2.20 ERA) vs Hunter Greene - CIN (0-4, 4.68 ERA)
Watch live sports and TV without cable on all your devices with a seven-day free trial to Fubo!
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Odds, Run Line and Total
Check out the odds, run line and over/under for this matchup listed on multiple sportsbooks.
|Cubs Moneyline||Reds Moneyline||Run Line||Total|
|DraftKings||-145||+125||Cubs (-1.5)||6.5||Bet on this game with DraftKings!|
|BetMGM||-150||+125||Cubs (-1.5)||6.5||Bet on this game with BetMGM!|
|PointsBet||-141||+120||Cubs (-1.5)||6.5||Bet on this game with PointsBet!|
|Tipico||-155||+135||-||-||Bet on this game with Tipico!|
Wanting to bet on the Cubs and Reds game but aren't sure how to get started? Here's a quick rundown. Some of the most common betting types include the moneyline, run line, and total. A moneyline bet means that you think one of the teams -- the Cubs (-150), for instance -- will win. It's that easy! If the Cubs are victorious, and you bet $10, you'd get $16.67 back.
There are many other ways to play, too. You can wager on player props (will Nico Hoerner hit a home run?), parlays (combining picks from different games to multiply your potential winnings), and more. For more details on the many different ways you can wager, check out the BetMGM app and website.
Ready to place your bet? Click here to sign up and claim your BetMGM Promo today.
Explore More About This Game
|Cubs Injury Report|
|Cubs vs Reds Betting Trends & Stats|
|Cubs vs Reds Player Props|
|Cubs vs Reds Pitching Matchup|
|Cubs vs Reds Prediction|
|How to Watch Cubs vs Reds|
Cubs vs. Reds Betting Trends and Insights
- The Cubs have won 12, or 50%, of the 24 games they've played as favorites this season.
- The Cubs have gone 4-3 when playing as moneyline favorites with odds of -150 or shorter (57.1% winning percentage).
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60% chance of a victory for Chicago.
- The Cubs have a 2-1 record across the three games they were a moneyline favorite in their last 10 matchups.
- In its last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), Chicago and its opponents combined to hit the over eight times.
- The Reds have won in 14, or 37.8%, of the 37 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs this year.
- This season, the Reds have come away with a win seven times in 19 chances when named as an underdog of at least +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- In nine games over the last 10 matchups when set as underdogs by bookmakers, the Reds had a record of 3-6.
- In the last 10 games with a total, Cincinnati and its opponents have failed to hit the over four times.
Cubs vs. Reds Player Props
|Hits O/U||Total Bases O/U||HR O/U||RBI O/U|
|Nico Hoerner||1.5 (+180)||1.5 (+115)||0.5 (+800)||0.5 (+260)|
|Dansby Swanson||0.5 (-200)||1.5 (+145)||0.5 (+475)||0.5 (+210)|
|Yan Gomes||0.5 (-149)||0.5 (-149)||0.5 (+800)||0.5 (+290)|
|Patrick Wisdom||0.5 (+115)||0.5 (+115)||0.5 (+475)||0.5 (+275)|
|Ian Happ||0.5 (-133)||0.5 (-133)||0.5 (+625)||0.5 (+230)|
Check out all the player prop markets available for this game, including betting on players to get a hit, go deep, or pick up a bunch of strikeouts. Head to BetMGM for the latest odds available for the Cubs, and place your bets.
Want a different way to play? Put together your best lineup of players and you could win cash prizes! Sign up for FanDuel Fantasy using our link for the best first-time player offer.
Cubs Futures Odds
|Odds||MLB Rank||NL Central Rank|
|Win World Series||+10000||21st||3rd|
|Win NL Central||+650||-||3rd|
Think the Cubs can win it all? Check out the latest futures odds for Chicago and place your bets with BetMGM Sportsbook! Be sure to use our link for a great new user offer.
Not all offers available in all states, please visit sportsbook websites for the latest promotions for your area. Must be 21+ to gamble, please wager responsibly. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, contact 1-800-GAMBLER.
© 2023 Data Skrive. All rights reserved.