KCRG-TV9, the #1 rated news station covering Eastern Iowa, is seeking a dynamic on-air reporter to join our team.
We're looking for someone who is aggressive in developing sources, finding enterprise stories and telling stories in a visual and compelling way. Our newscasts focus on telling stories about people - not fact-telling. This person should also uphold our high standards for integrity and quality journalism.
This position requires the ability to shoot and edit video and work remotely when needed. Reporting for digital platforms (website and social media) and familiarity with mobile reporting tools is a must.
• Shoot, write and edit news content.
• Engage with viewers and sources through social media channels
• Reformat and write content for digital platforms.
• Research story ideas
• Develop and maintain sources
• Participate in story selection and play an active role in editorial process
• Various shift work will be required; some holiday work is required
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Degree in journalism, communications or related field.
• Previous on-air experience in a TV newsroom setting.
• Proven skills in news judgement and news writing.
• Have and maintain clean driving record.
• Must pass pre-employment drug screen.
About Gray Television:
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
KCRG-TV9 is the ABC affiliate based in Cedar Rapids, Iowa with bureaus in Dubuque and Iowa City covering all of Eastern Iowa. We are dedicated to being a part of our community and sharing the stories of the people of Eastern Iowa. We produce 5 hours of news every day, as well as support a robust website and the largest social media audience in the market.