CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) -- A City Council Resolution has authorized the Cedar Rapids annual Urban Deer Hunt to continue for the 2018-2019 season.
The Urban Deer Hunt is scheduled for September 15, 2018 through January 10, 2019.
Battalion Chief and Program Manager Jason Andrews will issue hunting permits after completion of the following:
- The Iowa Bow Hunter's Safety Course.
- An Urban Deer Management application, available on the City's website or at Palo Outdoors.
- An annual proficiency certification test at Palo Outdoors, 1204 1st Street, Palo.
- Mandatory attendance at the Urban Deer Hunt Rules and Regulations Class at Palo Outdoors
Orientation sessions are:
- August 15, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- August 25, 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- August 29, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- September 5th, 6 - 7:30 p.m.
For more information visit www.cedar-rapids.org/fire.