UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital announces 2017 Kid Captains
The 2017 University of Iowa Stead Family Children’s Hospital’s Kid Captain team is ready to kick off another great season.
Thirteen current and former UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital patients have been selected to represent the hospital as Kid Captains during the Iowa Hawkeyes’ 2017 football season.
The Kid Captain program started in 2009 as a partnership between UI Stead Family Children's Hospital and the Iowa Hawkeyes to honor pediatric patients and celebrate their inspirational stories. This year's Kid Captains were selected from 232 nominations from five states.
“This year we have a great group of Kid Captains, all of whom have shown an incredible level of strength, courage, and determination while still being kids,” says Scott Turner, Executive Director of UI Stead Family Children’s Hospital. “Every year I am amazed by the bravery and dedication these patients and their families exhibit, and they all fully represent why we are focused on changing kids’ lives. Congratulations to these courageous boys and girls for being selected as our 2017 Kid Captains.”
The 2017 Kid Captains are:
* Jaelyn Butikofer, 7, Manchester, Iowa
* Hunter Fasse, 10, Shell Rock, Iowa
* Cooper Foster, 9, Central City, Iowa
* Flynn Lanferman, 12, Mount Pleasant, Iowa
* Logan Manderfield, 13, Waucoma, Iowa
* Leah McClain, 11, Pittsfield, Illinois
* Camdyn Reisner, 11, Dubuque, Iowa
* Laurel Schaul, 11, Springville, Iowa
* Maddox Smith, 9, Coralville, Iowa
* Sam Spore, 15, Dysart, Iowa
* Drew Steffen, 10, Atkins, Iowa
* Hayden Wheatley, 2, Hamilton, Illinois
* Landon Wilkerson, 7, Montezuma, Iowa
All Kid Captains and their families will be invited to Kids Day at Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, August 12 for a special behind-the-scenes tour.
Each child’s story will be highlighted during the football season.
for more information on each Kid Captain.