Advertisement

Small fire leads to large emergency response at Wilson Avenue Hy-Vee

(WDBJ)
Published: Dec. 3, 2019 at 10:23 PM CST
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

A small fire resulted in a temporary interruption of business at a southwest side grocery store, according to fire department officials.

Around 9:08 p.m. on Tuesday, December 3, 2019, Cedar Rapids Fire Department firefighters and other emergency responders were dispatched to the Wilson Avenue Hy-Vee.

According to the Cedar Rapids Fire Department, it appears the fire started in a walk-in cooler in the wine and spirits section. Crews found a light fixture on fire and cardboard flat burning below.

The store was temporarily closed while crews dealt with the situation.

No one was hurt, the fire department said.

Latest News

Latest News