Small fire leads to large emergency response at Wilson Avenue Hy-Vee

(Image: Michel Curi / CC BY 2.0 / MGN)
By  | 

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - A small fire resulted in a temporary interruption of business at a southwest side grocery store, according to fire department officials.

Around 9:08 p.m. on Tuesday, December 3, 2019, Cedar Rapids Fire Department firefighters and other emergency responders were dispatched to the Wilson Avenue Hy-Vee.

According to the Cedar Rapids Fire Department, it appears the fire started in a walk-in cooler in the wine and spirits section. Crews found a light fixture on fire and cardboard flat burning below.

The store was temporarily closed while crews dealt with the situation.

No one was hurt, the fire department said.