Lake Macbride officials: stay out of the water due to high toxin levels
Officials at Lake Macbride State Park are warning people to stay out of the water.
Department of Natural Resources officials said the warning comes after tests found higher toxin levels in the water last week. The say the levels showed blue-green algae.
Swimmers who accidentally swallow water or accidentally breathe in the algae can get sick. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, asthma-like symptoms, and several others.
Park leaders tested the water again this Tuesday, but won't know the results until tomorrow.
According to the DNR's website, swimming is also not recommended at Backbone Beach which is in Delaware County.
for more information.