Fire crews respond to scene of Thursday restaurant fire
Fire crews spent much of Friday evening at the scene of a restaurant heavily damaged by fire on Thursday.
Crews responded to the Riley's Cafe location at the intersection of Sylvia Avenue and Center Point Road NE Friday evening.
Crews remained on the scene for several hours Friday evening with more than a half-dozen fire engines still at the scene at 10 p.m..
Crews at the scene said they returned to the scene to extinguish a flare-up. Firefighter said they located a few hot spots.
Crews found a few spots of burnt insulation about Riley's Cafe and neighboring-business, Broken Spoke. Firefighter say they had to pull parts of the kitchen ceiling due to burnt insulation.
Riley's Cafe was damaged by fire on Thursday afternoon. The restaurant suffered extensive damage in the fire that was confined to the ceiling. On Saturday, officials said the Thursday fire was caused by radiant heat exposure that ignited wood behind the stainless steel surrounding the stove in Riley's Cafe.
The restaurant said in a Facebook post that it will be closed until further notice.