CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - The National Weather Service has released the new projection for the Cedar River to crest at 14.2 feet on Saturday evening in Cedar Rapids.
On Thursday the NWS changed the projected crest to 14.1 feet.
The first projection of the Cedar River was 19.7 feet earlier this week.
On Tuesday, city workers spent their day plugging storm sewer drains and putting concrete cones over manholes to prevent flood water from the Cedar River backing up into the city.
The city also used pumps to prevent rainwater from pooling in streets.
The following roads have been closed due to high water:
• Penn Ave NW from 1st Street to Ellis Blvd
• 1st Street NW from Penn Ave to O Ave
• 2nd St NW from K Ave to L Ave
• Otis Road SE from Cargill to Prairie Park Fishery
• A Street SW from C Street to National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library
• A Street SW from 17th Street to Compost Facility
• Bowling Street SW from C Street to A Street