CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG-TV9) - Firefighters on the scene say a woman was hurt when the house she was in exploded in Cedar Rapids.
Cedar Rapids firefighters responded to a report of a house explosion and fire at 1371 20th Avenue SW on Monday, June 27, 2016. (Rebecca Varilek, KCRG-TV9)
Firefighters responded to 1371 20th Avenue SW just after 6:30 p.m. Monday. Authorities took calls of a house that exploded and led to a fire.
Fire officials on scene say first responders transported the woman to University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics for severe burns. Officials said those burns were not over her entire body. They also say the woman was the only person in the home at the time of the explosion.
Firefighters on scene believe the explosion may have been caused by a gas leak.
We'll continue to bring you updates as they become available.