See the 2023 Freedom Festival schedule
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - Organizers have unveiled event details for this year’s Freedom Festival in Cedar Rapids.
The nonprofit, which is celebrating its 40th anniversary, said it’s bringing more than 20 events to the three-week-long festival.
The highlights include the Freedom Festival Parade, the Balloon Glow and, of course, the Celebration of Freedom Fireworks display.
Karol Shepherd, the Executive Director of the Freedom Festival, said this year’s Balloon Glow event is being expanded. It’ll take place on June 17 at Jones Park. A one-time-only reunion show from local act The Bamboozlers is headlining the Balloon Glow’s musical acts.
New events for this year’s festival include the Corridor Running Club’s 5K and 10K Runs, Patriotic Pickleball at Team Iowa, and Jazz Night on 2nd with the Downtown District.
Returning events include the Children’s Parade, Movie at the Ballpark at Veterans Memorial Stadium, and Music at the Museum
The nonprofit released the complete list of events as follows:
- June 14: Flag Raising Ceremony
- June 14: Flag Retirement and BBQ
- June 15: Tribute to Heroes
- June 17: Corridor Running Club Run (5K and 10K)
- June 17: Balloon Glow
- June 18: Army Band at Lowe Park
- June 21: Rock N Bowl for People with Disabilities
- June 22-25: Dock Dogs
- June 23: Jazz Night on 2nd with the Downtown District
- June 24: Parade (and Children’s Parade)
- June 24: Imagination Square
- June 24: Volta Youth Music and Arts Festival
- June 25: Freedom Bike Ride (25 and 50 Miles)
- June 29: Movie at the Ballpark
- July 1: Music at the Museum
- July 2: Patriotic Pickleball at Team Iowa
- July 4: Pancake Breakfast
- July 4: Car Show
- July 4: Concert at the McGrath Amphitheatre
- July 4: Celebration of Freedom Fireworks
The Freedom Festival Button will serve as an entry ticket to nearly all the events.
Find more information at the Freedom Festival’s website.
Copyright 2023 KCRG. All rights reserved.