Iowa’s sixth ‘Pulled Pork Madness’ tournament begins with nominations from across the state
CLIVE, Iowa (KCRG) - March Madness isn’t just for college basketball fans.
The Iowa Pork Producers Association is putting on its sixth “Pulled Pork Madness” tournament this month.
In a press release, organizers said the “Sweet 16″ matchups were posted in a bracket-style late Monday, breaking the state down in quadrants and then to eight districts.
Fans nominated their favorite pulled-pork-serving restaurants earlier this month, with a total of 158 nominations for 63 Iowa restaurants. The IPPA then seeded the bracket based on the most votes.
The restaurant that gets the most votes will receive $250 and a “Pulled Pork Madness” plaque.
Here are the matchups for round one:
- District 1: Buffalo Joe’s Roadhouse, Smithland, vs. The Roadhouse, Orange City
- District 2: Birdies, Burgers & Brews, Graettinger, vs. Smoke N Firehouse No. 20, Ringsted
- District 3: Flip’s, Waterloo, vs. The Pub at the Pinicon, New Hampton
- District 4: Backwoods Bar and Grill, McGregor, vs. Moski’s BBQ, Cascade
- District 5: Boxer Barbeque, Council Bluffs, vs. The Buck Snort Restaurant, Neola
- District 6: The Lucky Pig Pub & Grill, Ogden, vs. ShortE’s BBQ, Johnston
- District 7: Bubba-Q’s, Ottumwa, vs. The Flying Elbow, Marshalltown
- District 8: Pop’s BBQ, Iowa City, vs. Sugarfire Smoke House, Cedar Rapids
Copyright 2023 KCRG. All rights reserved.