Game Day Snack Recipes
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - With the Super Bowl just around the corner, the TV9 Crew is here to give you a few ideas for snacks for your parties!
Emily’s Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Lil’ Smokies:
- 1 package of lil’ smokies
- 1 package of bacon
- Brown sugar to taste
Cut your bacon to the size of lil’ smokies and wrap them. Secure with a toothpick. Once all the lil’ smokies are wrapped, place them on a baking tray and sprinkle a generous amount of brown sugar. Bake according to the instructions on the bacon package. Once they’re done, you can serve them right away or put them in a crock pot to keep them warm. Add more brown sugar if desired!
Libbie’s Rotel Dip:
- 16-ounce block of original Velveeta cheese
- 10-ounce can hot Rotel
- 1 pound ground beef or sausage.
Brown sausage in a skillet on the stove. Add Rotel tomatoes and cheese to the skillet with the sausage. Continue to cook on low, stirring often until the cheese is melted. Serve with cut-up veggies, crackers, or tortilla chips!
Joe’s Corn Dip:
- 2 Cans Mexicorn, drained
- 1 Bunch Green Onions, chopped
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Bags of Frito Scoops
Mix together Mexicorn, Green Onions, Sour Cream and Mayo. Stir in the Cheese. Add Cayenne Pepper to taste. Let sit tow hours before serving. Serve with Frito Scoops!
Chelsie’s Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- 2 Cups Shredded Cooked Chicken
- 1 Package (8 ounces) Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles
Preheat oven to 350°. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Spoon into a shallow 1-quart baking dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through. Stir. Sprinkle with green onions if desired. Serve with chips, crackers and or veggies!
Hannah’s Pizza Bagels:
- Bagels (Regular Size or Mini)
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Desired Toppings
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay the bagels on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce onto the bagels. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese onto the bagels. Add toppings. Bake the pizza bagels in the oven for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Chris’ Hawaiian Sliders
- 12-count package of Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls (x2)
- 24 slices (approx. 1 lb) deli ham, or deli meat of choice=
- 8 slices (approx. ½ lb) swiss cheese, or cheese of choice
- Chipotle Mayo
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 1 ½ tbsp dijon mustard, or honey dijon
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
Cut packages of rolls in half, crosswise. Spread mayo on one side. Place 3-4 layers of ham and one layer of cheese on the bottoms. Replace the tops and use a sharp knife to cut through to separate rolls. Bunch them into a 9x13 baking dish. In a small bowl, whisk together butter, mustard, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard. Brush on top of rolls. Cover with foil and let sit for 10 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Uncover and bake an additional 2 minutes, or until tops are lightly browned. I line the pan with parchment paper. I’ve used different meat/cheese combinations like smoked turkey and gouda and vary what has gone into the butter mixture. Enjoy!
Becky’s BBQ Meatballs
- 1 large egg
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2/3 cup regular Panko
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced
- 1 and 3/4 cups BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
Get out a large mixing bowl. Beat the egg in it and add the ground turkey, Panko, garlic, oregano, salt, paprika, and pepper. Roll into desired size balls. Place onion slices in the bottom of the slow cooker, then top with half of the BBQ sauce and half of the Italian dressing. Coat a large skillet with oil and bring to medium-high heat. Lightly brown the meatballs on each side. Add all browned meatballs to the slow cooker and pour remaining BBQ sauce and Italian dressing on top. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
Jenn’s Bacon Spinach Dip
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained.
- 1 lb. (16 oz) Velveeta, cut into ½ inch cubes.
- 4 oz. (1/2 of 8 oz pkg.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, cubed.
- 1 can (10 oz) RO*TEL Diced tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained.
- 1 (6 oz) pkg Bacon bits.
Microwave ingredients in microwaveable bowl on high for 5 min, OR until Velveeta is well blended. Stirring after 3 minutes.
Copyright 2023 KCRG. All rights reserved.