Cedar Rapids family loses home in Tuesday night fire
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - A Cedar Rapids family has been displaced after a fire badly damaged their home on Tuesday night.
Someone passing by the home at 922 9th Street southeast noticed it was on fire and called 911 just after 10:30 p.m.
The Cedar Rapids Fire Department said the family living there got out safely before firefighters arrived.
The department said the fire damaged a great deal of the home and the family can no longer live there.
The family is being assisted by the Red Cross and Salvation Army.
Copyright 2022 KCRG. All rights reserved.