Advertisement

Firefighters respond to report of smoke at Cedar Rapids high rise

Cedar Rapids Firefighters had to put out a fire after a water heater malfunctioned in a high rise apartment building.
Published: May. 16, 2022 at 6:47 AM CDT
Email This Link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KCRG) - Firefighters responded to a report of smoke at Cedar River Tower, located at 100 1st Avenue NE in downtown Cedar Rapids, just after 5 a.m. Monday.

In a press release, firefighters said a fire was found and extinguished in a utility area on the fourth floor.

Officials said the fire was confined to a malfunctioning water heater.

Residents of the apartment sheltered in place during the incident, and the crews ventilated the building.

No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2022 KCRG. All rights reserved.