Fire at Coralville Perkins causes $500,000 in damage, determined accidental
CORALVILLE, Iowa (KCRG) - Fire crews responded to a fire at a Perkins restaurant in Coralville Wednesday night.
The fire occurred at 819 1st Avenue at about 11:15 p.m.
Officials said the fire was primarily contained to the roof and crews extinguished it in about 30 minutes.
The building sustained heavy smoke and water damage estimated at around $500,000.
Officials said the cause of the fire was determined to be accidental.
The investigation remains ongoing.
Copyright 2021 KCRG. All rights reserved.