KCRG-TV9 First Alert Storm Team Weather Radio Programming Events in 2021
Join the KCRG-TV9 First Alert Storm Team and Midland to help stay safe this severe weather season!
Having multiple ways to get severe weather information is important. It could mean the difference between being caught by surprise or giving you time to get to your safe place. This is especially critical at night as a weather alert radio will sound the alarm to wake you up. Weather Alert Radios also have a battery backup, should your power go off the radio will still come on.
Back again for 2021, the KCRG-TV9 First Alert Storm Team will once again be programming weather radios! We have two events planned so far this year:
- *Wednesday, May 12 - 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at the upper parking lot at KCRG-TV9′s studios in downtown Cedar Rapids.
- *Saturday, June 19 - 7:30 a.m. to Noon at the KCRG-TV9 booth in the Downtown Cedar Rapids Farmer’s Market.
- *As a reminder, NO weather radios will be sold at either event. You will need to bring one with you.
Thanks to a partnership with Midland, TV9 viewers have the chance to order a weather radio at a $10 discount, along with free shipping and handling directly to your home. Order the WR120 or ER210 NOAA Weather Alert Radio from this website and then just enter the promo code KCRG at checkout!
Have a weather radio question?
- Email the KCRG-TV9 First Alert Storm Team with local questions.
- Call Midland Customer Service at (816) 462-0459 for radio quality questions or concerns. Hours: Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Can’t make it to one of our programming events? That’s okay! KCRG-TV9 First Alert Storm Team Meteorologist Kaj O’Mara has you covered with a step-by-step video guide to programming the Midland WR-120:
- Written directions for programming the WR-120 EZ (newer Midland model that doesn’t require six-digit county codes)
- Written directions for programming the WR-120 (older Midland model that requires six-digit county codes)
Copyright 2021 KCRG. All rights reserved.