Advertisement

Marion family hospitalized for carbon monoxide after using car in partially closed garage to charge cellphones

MGN amublance response
MGN amublance response(MGN Online)
Published: Aug. 13, 2020 at 10:39 AM CDT
Email this link
Share on Pinterest
Share on LinkedIn

MARION, Iowa (KCRG) - The Marion Fire Department said a family of eight had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after they ran their vehicle in a partially closed garage in order to charge cell phones.

Around 5:45 a.m. Thursday, crews responded to the home where they could hear the CO detectors.

The whole family received medical care while fire crews went inside and found “dangerously high levels of CO,” the fire department said in a release.

The family went to the hospital. There’s no further information on their conditions at this time.

Copyright 2020 KCRG. All rights reserved.

Latest News

Latest News