Coats for Kids
THANK YOU EASTERN IOWA
The 2022 Coats for Kids Campaign is coming to an end! All coat donation boxes are being collected, but if you would still like to donate coats, please bring them to our KCRG-TV9 station or consider donating them to a local organization in your community.
Last year we received 300 gently used coats and raised $30,000, which helped us purchase 1,500 brand new coats. We have officially raised more than last year and with your help we could raise even more!
We are partnering with Operation Warm this year, a national nonprofit organization where we can purchase new, quality made coats in bulk. You can still support us this year by clicking the link below to donate directly to Coats for Kids! All donations are tax deductible, and you will receive a receipt from Operation Warm. We are accepting donations until Thanksgiving
Below are the organizations we are working with this year and will all soon be receiving coats. If you are in need of a coat, please consider reaching out to the below organizations.
Open to the public for coats:
- The Salvation Army of Cedar Rapids
- The Salvation Army of Dubuque
- Jane Boyd House
- Olivet Mission
- Open Closet
- Consultation of Religious Communities
- HACAP Housing
Other organizations through Coats for Kids:
- College Community School District
- HACAP Head Start
- Iowa City School District
- Jones County School District
- Cedar Rapids Boys & Girls Club
We had some wonderful new fundraising initiatives this year! Thank you to everyone involved!
Pie for a Cause – for every $10,000 raised a member of our First Alert Weather Team will be PIED on the air! Hannah, Corey, and Jan have all taken PIES to the face!
- $10,000 - Hannah Messier – We hit $10K & Hannah took 1 PIE to the face!
- $20,000 – Corey Thompson – We hit $20K & Corey took 2 PIES to the face!
- $30,000 – Jan Ryherd – We hit $30K & Jan took 3 PIES to the face!
- $40,000 – Kaj O’Mara – 4 PIES!
- $50,000 – Joe Winters – 5 PIES!
Thank you to all the establishments who participated in Days of Giving! We are so appreciative of all the support you gave throughout the entire campaign!
- Cruz’s Café
- The Chrome Horse
- Daisy’s Garage
- Goldfinch Tap & Eatery
- Kingston’s Steakhouse
- Lucky’s on 16th
- The Map Room
Thank you to everyone who came to support Coats for Kids on October 8th for our Benefit Fundraiser! Thanks to your generosity, we raised over $1300! Thank you also to all our sponsors and raffle donors!
- MH Entertainment
- Chrome Horse Saloon
- Lucky’s on 16th
- Kernels Baseball Stadium
- Wednesday Night Bike Club
- Cycling Team WASP
- Stitches by Stilwell
- Katie Grassi with Ketana Massage & Bodywork in Monticello
- Dance Academy of Cedar Rapids
- Bike Rags
A special thank you to Violinist John Schultz of Schultz Strings and Pianist Abbie Brewer, for putting on such a beautiful Chamber Music performance on October 21st! We also want to thank Cedar Rapids Community Orchestra for their performance prior to the concert! We appreciate all of your support!
Copyright 2020 KCRG. All rights reserved.