This power pole on 26th Street SW in Cedar Rapids was throwing out some sparks and flames, called "Arc-ing". Electrical Arc's are very dangerous, but in this case the Arc was up high on the utility pole. After chasing down an employee of the CRANDIC who came up to my vehicle from the north, he reported the info to the Yardmaster who then passed it on to Alliant Energy, CRANDIC's parent company. A crew came out to resolve the situation. The weather may have played a part in the arc-ing.
Power Pole Arc-ing
This story is inappropriate and should be flagged for moderation. Please choose from one of the following options: