MONTICELLO — The Iowa State Fire Marshall’s Office says it might never know what caused a fire to start at a popular restaurant over the weekend.
Firefighters responded around 3 p.m. Saturday to The Wagon Wheel for a report of a fire. They reported heavy smoke pouring from the building when they arrived and declared the building a total loss.
Investigators say the fire started in the kitchen near the ovens and grill, but can’t pinpoint the exact cause. They were able to determine it was not suspicious in nature.
There were no injuries reported as a result of the fire.