Iowa family says dog saved them from fire

By Associated Press

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa — Members of a West Des Moines family discovered a fire in their garage, thanks to their 7-year-old dog.

Three residents in a home say they were awakened by their dog’s barking around 2 a.m. Friday. The residents then discovered a fire in the garage and escaped outside.

West Des Moines fire officials tell the Des Moines Register that the fire started in a vehicle’s engine compartment.

The fire damaged three vehicles and the interior of the garage, but the main portion of the home only sustained minor smoke damage.

Damage costs are estimated around $70,000. No injuries were reported.

facebook twitter email alerts you tube hooplanow

 close  don't show again