Electrical Fire Reported at Cedar Rapids Warehouse

By Rachel Begle, KCRG-TV9

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — Workers at a neighboring business noticed a fire at Aluminum Distributors Inc. at 3062 Prairie Valley Ct SW early Thursday morning. Fire crews arrived on the scene shortly after 2 a.m. and found flames in a wall that was spreading into the ceiling and the attic of the warehouse space.

Firefighters were able to quickly knock out most of the fire and no injuries were reported. Crews were on scene for several hours removing smoke from the building and fighting small insulation fires.

There is smoke damage throughout the building, but fire damage was contained to one wall, the ceiling and a portion of the attic space. Fire officials say the fire was accidental and was likely caused by a failed electrical cord.

facebook twitter email alerts you tube hooplanow

 close  don't show again