Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Candle Sparks House Fire in Waterloo

Meet The Team

    • Video
    • Photo
    Video player is loading
    July 27, 2014 | 9:45 am

    WATERLOO, Iowa - Fire officials in Waterloo say a candle is to blame for a house fire Saturday night. They say the fire started at a home on the 1100 block of Williston Avenue just after 9:00 P.M.

    Investigators say a candle lit a nearby curtain on fire. Flames then spread to the wood framing around a window, causing minor damage.

    Officials say no one was hurt in the fire.