One part of Cedar Rapids has changed dramatically in the past decade. And the next decade promises to bring even more transformation- with a goal of returning the Time Check neighborhood to what it's historically been: a vibrant, family-focused neighborhood that people call home for generations.
It took a train to make Our Town Atkins a reality. Historians say the Benton County town of about 1,600 wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for the Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul and Pacific Railroad. "It...
The first weekend in August, Atkins becomes the best place in Eastern Iowa to grab a bite of Watermelon. Watermelon Days returned, Friday and Saturday, bringing a lot of fun things to do and a whole lot...
Our Town Solon has a lot to offer 'foodies' looking for a variety of cuisine close to home. Diners from all over eastern Iowa have found several options on Solon's Main Street. From Mexican fare at El Sol and brunch at Salt Fork, every menu is different.
People visiting the Amana Colonies will come across many familiar products, rom furniture to woolen goods. But another item that's remained popular for many decades is Amana's wines, including those from Ackerman Winery.
* June 3rd: Manchester for the Rhubarb Festival
* June 10th: Dubuque for America’s Riverfest
* June 17th: The Amanas for WurstFest
* June 24: Cedar Falls for Sturgis
* July 1: Independence for Celebrate Independence
* July 8: North Liberty for Blues and BBQ
* July 15: Solon for Beef Days
* July 22: Monticello for Jones Co. Fair
* July 29: Washington for RAGBRAI
* August 5: Atkins for Watermelon Days
* August 12: Cedar Rapids for St. Jude’s Sweet Corn Fest
* August 19: Waukon for Corn Days
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.