Waterloo Man Treated For Smoke Inhalation After Apartment Fire

Fire truck controls. (MGN)

Tools

By Richard Pratt

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — A Waterloo man has been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire at his apartment.

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that the fire broke out around 6 a.m. Friday.

Battalion Chief Mike Jenn says the resident had fallen asleep with the stove on. He awoke, noticed the fire, called 911 and fled. He was taken to a hospital for treatment. His name hasn't been released.

Firefighters kept fire damage to the stove area. Residents of two adjacent apartments have been allowed back in their homes.

Conversation Guidelines

Be Kind

Don't use abusive, offensive, threatening, racist, vulgar or sexually-oriented language.
Don't attack someone personally. Keep it civil and be responsible.

Share Knowledge

Be truthful. Share what you know and what you are passionate about.
What more do you want to learn? Keep it simple.

Stay focused

Promote lively and healthy debate. Stay on topic. Ask questions and give feedback on the story's topic.

Report Trouble

Help us maintain a quality comment section by reporting comments that are offensive. If you see a comment that is offensive, or you feel violates our guidelines, simply click on the "x" to the far right of the comment to report it.


read the full guidelines here »

Commenting will be disabled on stories dealing with the following subject matter: Crime, sexual abuse, property fires, automobile accidents, Amber Alerts, Operation Quickfinds and suicides.

facebook twitter rss mobile google plus
email alerts you tube hooplanow pinterest instagram

What's On KCRG