Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Live Scoreboard

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Game Highlights

Scoreboard refreshes every five minutes
Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Unattended Candles Blamed for House Fire

-->
  • Photo
WATEROO, Iowa (AP) Investigators say unattended candles caused a house fire that displaced a Waterloo family from their home.

The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that the fire started Saturday morning and caused an estimated $20,000 in damage.

Waterloo Battalion Chief Mike Jenn says residents won't be able to return to the home for some time. Jenn says the candles were left unattended, and the flames jumped to nearby furnishings. The fire then spread into the attic.

The fire started about 6:30 a.m.

Joseph Warren, a neighbor, says his friend and his friend's mother live together in the home. Both escaped without injury.