DEWITT, Iowa - Firefighters from a half dozen area departments were sent to a DeWitt factory Monday afternoon. The firefighters were sent to Guardian Glass, 300 South Fifth Avenue in DeWitt, Iowa at about 1:30 p.m.
Unconfirmed reports cited a possible gas leak as the cause for the heavy emergency response. A spokesperson for Alliant Energy, which provides natural gas to the Guardian Glass site, said the incident does not involve a natural gas leak.
Firefighters and their equipment were staged at the east end of the plant, where the problem was apparently in the basement level of the building.
Firefighters from responded from DeWitt, Clinton, Camanche, Low Moor, Grand Mound and Welton fire departments.