Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Police Visited Home of Suspect in Murder-Suicide Two Nights Before Murders

  • Photo
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Cedar Rapids police visited the Livingston family home less than 48 hours before Robert Livingston killed his wife and mother-in-law Thursday morning before taking his own life.

According to the Cedar Rapids Police Department's activity log, officers visited the Livingston home at 3600 Big Horn Road SW six times since last June, including just this past Tuesday night.

Robert Livingston, 47, is accused of shooting his wife, 41-year-old Ingrid Huber Livingston, and his mother-in-law, 73-year-old Linda Huber at Huber's home at 3515 Banar Drive SW. Police said the shooting was reported at 6:39 a.m. Thursday, and that Livingston shot his wife and mother-in-law before killing himself.

Police have not released additional details on the shooting, including a possible motive or the make and model of the murder weapon.

Police said the Livingston's minor daughters were inside the Huber residence at the time of the shooting, but have not said whether they witnessed the killings. Police did say the children were unharmed.

A request for more information on the individual calls for service to the Livingston residence has not yet been granted. The police department's website indicates an officer visited 3600 Big Horn Road at 8:38 p.m. Tuesday. The call is designated as a medical, but no other details are available online.

Police were at the home on Jan. 17 at 12:08 p.m. for a Cedar Rapids Community Oriented Policing Program, or CRCOPPs, call, according to the activity log. There was another CRCOPPs stop at 9:36 p.m. on Dec. 31, 2013.

According to the log, police performed a welfare check at the home on Dec. 9 at 8:55 p.m. It is unknown at this time who the police were performing a welfare check on. There was another CRCOPPs stop on Nov. 5, and the log indicates a warrant was served at the residence on June 25, 2013, leading to an arrest. It is unclear who police arrested at this time, since neither Robert nor Ingrid Livingston have arrest records, according to online court records.

On Friday, a lawyer representing Linda Hubert and Ingrid Livingston released a statement.

"On behalf on the Huber family, we want to thank everyone that has shown support through this very, very difficult time," said Barry Shaw Sackett, a Spencer lawyer who went to law school with Ingrid's brother, John. " We ask your consideration for the remaining family and their privacy in this difficult time in going through the grief they are dealing with. We will be working on arrangements."

"We thank you for your thoughts and prayers and hope that you understand the great loss the family has endured."

Sackett said the Livingstons' two minor daughters have been placed with family. He did not comment on any other details of the murder-suicide.

Featured Videos