Manchester Home Destroyed by Fire

MANCHESTER, Iowa - A fire Wednesday afternoon destroyed a Manchester home.

KMCH Radio reports emergency crews responded to the home, 212 East Union Street, Wednesday afternoon.

Manchester Police Chief Bruce Trapp told KMCH that flames were shooting out of the home when emergency personnel arrived. Firefighters from Manchester, Ryan, Earlville, Delaware and Delhi spent more than an hour extinguishing the fire.

Several people were inside the home when the fire started, they were all able to escape safely. One family member said they believed a gas leak caused the fire.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family.
facebook twitter email alerts you tube hooplanow