Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Live Scoreboard

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Game Highlights

Scoreboard refreshes every five minutes
Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Home Invasion Suspect Still on the Run In Iowa City

  • Video
  • Photo
Video player is loading
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Four people are in police custody, with one man still on the run after a violent home invasion in Iowa City.

Police say it happened in an apartment at 321 North Johnson St., in Iowa City. The man living there told investigators a woman knocked on his door, he answered, and then two men pushed him through the door, one with a handgun. Police say someone hit him twice with the weapon, then held him at gun point while the robbers stole more than $2,000 worth of items.

Police determined five people were involved. Four people are in the Johnson County jail for first degree robbery and burglary charges, those people are: Alajuwon Johnson, 29, of Iowa City,
Evelyn Chinchilla, 23, of Iowa City, Humberto Iniguez, 28, of Iowa City, and Lucas House 30, of Coralville.

Police are still looking for 31-year-old Christopher Kelly as of Wednesday morning. A warrant is out for his arrest in connection to the home invasion. Police consider Kelly to be armed and dangerous. If you see him, call police.

One of the suspects in custody, 29-year-old Alajuwon Johnson, pleaded guilty to involuntary manslaughter in 2009.

In 2010 Johnson pled guilty to involuntary manslaughter after accepting a plea deal in Johnson County. Police said Johnson was visiting Kylie Jo Perkins at her apartment in 2009 when the two fought for possession of a gun Johnson was carrying illegally. Perkins was shot in the chest and died, police said.

Investigators said Johnson admitted he did not contact emergency officials right away, despite Perkins pleading for help, because he had warrants out for his arrest on misdemeanor charges, according to KCRG/Gazette archives. In 2011 Johnson was put on escape status after not returning to the Hope House in Coralville, where he was completing his sentence in the case.

Featured Videos