Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Live Scoreboard

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Game Highlights

Scoreboard refreshes every five minutes
Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Linn County Homicide Victim Identified, Suspect in Custody

  • Photo
CENTRAL CITY, Iowa Officials have identified the victim of Friday's homicide as Gregory William O'Hare, 47, of Cedar Rapids.

O'Hare was taken to the State Medical Examiner's Office in Ankeny for autopsy, where results remain pending.

Investigation began after officials received a call from a neighbor on Janette Nehl Lane in rural Central City around 8:30 a.m. Friday, about a body lying in a yard. First responders discovered a white male, O'Hare, laying in a yard with life ending injuries. Clues led officials to suspect Martin Paul Wilkinson's residence nearby.

Officers alerted nearby residents to stay inside until further notice, Friday. The SWAT team set a perimeter around 2567 Windy Hill Circle. Officials believed there may have been multiple weapons in the home, according to people close to the suspect who informed authorities. After multiple attempts to coerce suspect, Wilkinson, from his residence, officers used tear gas to force him out. According to officials, Wilkinson exited the home, but began to struggle with deputies. Linn County Sherriff Brian Gardner said a taser gun was then used to restrain him.

There was no one inside the residence, and crews remained on scene after the standoff to ventilate the home from chemical irritants.

Police took 63-year-old Wilkinson into custody Friday, and is currently at Mercy Medical Center in Cedar Rapids for treatment of injuries that appeared to have been sustained prior to his standoff with law enforcement officers, according to a release.

Charges are pending and it remains under investigation.

Featured Videos