Iowan Working on Motor Home Injured by Fire
CLEAR LAKE, Iowa (AP) — A northern Iowa man has been injured by a fire that erupted as he worked on his motor home.
The fire in Clear Lake was reported about 9:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Clear Lake Fire Department spokesman Billy Krefft says it appears the owner of the motor home, Keith Haugen, was repairing a fuel fill line when a trouble lamp broke and residual fuel caught fire.
Krefft says Haugen used two extinguishers but couldn't contain the flames.
Haugen was taken to Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa and was listed in fair condition.
The motor home, valued at about $20,000, is a total loss. A car parked nearby received an estimated $500 in damage.
What's On KCRG