Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Live Scoreboard

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Game Highlights

Scoreboard refreshes every five minutes
Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Iowa City Identifies Third Man Suspected in Regina Bomb Threats

-->
  • Photo
IOWA CITY, Iowa - Iowa City police named the third man connected to a pair of bomb threats that shuttered Iowa City's Regina Catholic Education Center twice last year.

Arrest warrants have been issued for Kashawn Supreme Deas, 21, said Iowa City police Sgt. Vicki Lalla. Deas faces two counts of making threats, a class D felony punishable by up to five years in prison.

Police have not located Deas, who they believe is on the East Coast. A Gazette search of online public records turned up a Kashawn S. Deas in Brooklyn, NY. Investigators have declined to reveal how someone who lives across the country was involved in the threats.

Brothers and Regina students Austin D. Troyer, 17, and Alex M. Troyer, 15, were arrested back on Sept. 25 in connection with the threats that were called into the school on Aug. 20 and Sept. 19. They were charged with two counts of first-degree harassment, an aggravated misdemeanor.

The charges involved aiding and abetting because they acted in concert with each other and the third person, according to juvenile complaints. The teenagers are juveniles, so the status of their cases isn't known or available in public records.

The first bomb threat was called into Regina, 2150 Rochester Ave. in Iowa City, on Aug. 20. The caller warned that a bomb had been placed in the school, police said, prompting school officials to evacuate the building, take students to a safe place and cancel classes for the day.

The second threat came into Regina on Sept. 19. The caller this time indicated there was not an explosive device in the school but that he would come with an explosive device on his body if the school didn't produce money, police said.

No suspicious packages were found, but the threats forced the school to cancel classes on two days and incur monetary losses in the form of payroll expenses and operational costs.

Featured Videos