Gas Leak Forces Firefighters to Evacuate Theisen's
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Police and firefighters were at the scene of a gas leak in southwest Cedar Rapids Tuesday night.
It happened near the Theisen's on 16th Avenue SW, Cedar Rapids. Firefighters say a worker installing an underground cable hit the gas line this morning. But it wasn't until this evening that someone smelled it and called 911.
Firefighters evacuated 10 customers and 15 employees. No one was hurt but Theisen's did close for the rest of the night. MidAmerican is working to repair the line. Police blocked traffic at 16th Avenue SE and Williams Blvd during the cleanup.
What's On KCRG