Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Live Scoreboard

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Total Yards:
Passing Yards:
Rushing Yards:

Game Highlights

Scoreboard refreshes every five minutes
Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Faulty Fireplace Box Sparks Cedar Rapids House Fire

-->
  • Video
  • Photo
Video player is loading
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Firefighters were called to 1426 Hillside Drive NW after 2 o'clock Wednesday morning after the residents reported a fire at the home.

Flames were visible from the roof and around the chimney when the first crews arrived on the scene. Officials from both the police and fire department were on scene for several hours, and the fire was quickly contained.

The fire started on the main floor of the home when a faulty fireplace box allowed the flames inside the fire place to to ignite other parts of the home. That fire then spread to both the attic and the basement causing a moderate amount of damage.

Both people in the home and their dog were able to escape the home unharmed and received assistance from the American Red Cross.