Fire Department Discovers Meth Lab At Loras College

By Katie Wiedemann, Reporter

Tools

By Aaron Hepker

DUBUQUE, Iowa - An investigation is underway after Dubuque emergency crews responded to a fire caused by meth making materials on the campus of Loras College.

Firefighters were called to the apartment complex at about 3 a.m. Wednesday when sprinklers were set off due to a small fire in the building.

The fire department determined the cause to be the manufacturing of meth in a common area bathroom. The scene was contained immediately, and no one was injured as a result.

The college said residents were present in the apartment complex at the time and students near the area of the incident were evacuated while the fire department took care of the fire.

The college said the person believed to be responsible for the meth lab was not a student, but a guest on campus.

No other details have been released at this time.

Conversation Guidelines

Be Kind

Don't use abusive, offensive, threatening, racist, vulgar or sexually-oriented language.
Don't attack someone personally. Keep it civil and be responsible.

Share Knowledge

Be truthful. Share what you know and what you are passionate about.
What more do you want to learn? Keep it simple.

Stay focused

Promote lively and healthy debate. Stay on topic. Ask questions and give feedback on the story's topic.

Report Trouble

Help us maintain a quality comment section by reporting comments that are offensive. If you see a comment that is offensive, or you feel violates our guidelines, simply click on the "x" to the far right of the comment to report it.


read the full guidelines here »

Commenting will be disabled on stories dealing with the following subject matter: Crime, sexual abuse, property fires, automobile accidents, Amber Alerts, Operation Quickfinds and suicides.

facebook twitter rss mobile google plus
email alerts you tube hooplanow pinterest instagram

What's On KCRG