Fire Damages Waterloo Mobile Home

By Jeff Reinitz, Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier

Waterloo firefighters battled flames and freezing temperatures when a mobile home caught fire Sunday night.

A neighbor spotted flames coming from inside 3327 Bristol Road around 9 p.m. and called 911. At the time, the outside temperature was 2 degrees with gusting winds.

Battalion Chief Michael Jenn said no one was inside when the fire broke out. Crews contained the blaze to the kitchen area, but there was heavy smoke damage to the rest of the mobile home.

The official cause wasn't immediately available, but Jenn said it appeared the fire started on the stove.
facebook twitter email alerts you tube hooplanow