Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Click Here for our Friday Night Lights live stream and game chat

Swipe left and right to view more scores

Scores refresh every five minutes. View more scores

Fire Damages Second Floor of Cedar Rapids Home

  • Video
  • Photo
Video player is loading
CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - Investigators say a child playing with a lighter is responsible for starting a fire in a second-floor bathroom of a house in the 200 block of 32nd Street Northeast.

Crews got the call around 7 p.m. and arrived to find people using a garden hose and fire extinguisher to try and control the flames. Firefighters said smoke did a lot of damage to the entire second floor and fire damage to the bathroom and hallway.

There were no injuries reported as a result of the fire. Officials did not provide an estimate of the cost of the damage.