Severe Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Winter Weather Alert Follow Us On Twitter #KCRGWX

Current Alerts

Current Alerts Click to learn more

X Close

Thanksgiving Day Fire Damages Marion Home

Meet The Team

    • Photo
    MARION, Iowa - Firefighters have extinguished a blaze that displaced four people in Marion Thursday afternoon.

    Officials responded to a report of a fire at 245 Grand Avenue around 2:30 p.m. Firefighters were able to contain the fire that started in the kitchen by a burner on the stove left on, officials said. Fire Lieutenant Cameron Ford said no one was home at the time of the fire, and there were no working smoke detectors in the structure.

    Ford said homeowner Steve O'Connel and three other residents will be staying elsewhere due to the extent of smoke damage.

    The fire remains under investigation.