One Firefighter Hurt, 30 Residents Displaced In Hiawatha Apartment Fire
By Mark Geary, Reporter
HIAWATHA, Iowa Hiawatha and other area fire departments responded to a fire at the Clark Street Apartments on Sunday night just before 10 p.m.
A total of 30 residents were displaced by the fire, officials said today.
One firefighter was also treated for smoke inhalation, officials said.
The Red Cross was providing lodging and other assistance for eight families.
Firefighters are still investigating what sparked the blaze.
No other details were released.