Fire Crews Battle Flames in Frigid Temperatures

Tools

By Ben Hoppenworth

WATERLOO, Iowa - Firefighters in Waterloo battled more than just flames at late Sunday morning fire. Temperatures were well below zero when crews were called to 1746 Huntington Road in Waterloo around 11:00 Sunday night.

Waterloo fire rescue says the fire started from an electrical short-circuit in the attic. Crews were able to contain the fire to the attic, saving the home from any structural damage.

No one was injured during the fire and family was able to go back inside shortly after.

Conversation Guidelines

Be Kind

Don't use abusive, offensive, threatening, racist, vulgar or sexually-oriented language.
Don't attack someone personally. Keep it civil and be responsible.

Share Knowledge

Be truthful. Share what you know and what you are passionate about.
What more do you want to learn? Keep it simple.

Stay focused

Promote lively and healthy debate. Stay on topic. Ask questions and give feedback on the story's topic.

Report Trouble

Help us maintain a quality comment section by reporting comments that are offensive. If you see a comment that is offensive, or you feel violates our guidelines, simply click on the "x" to the far right of the comment to report it.


read the full guidelines here »

Commenting will be disabled on stories dealing with the following subject matter: Crime, sexual abuse, property fires, automobile accidents, Amber Alerts, Operation Quickfinds and suicides.

facebook twitter rss mobile google plus
email alerts you tube hooplanow pinterest instagram

What's On KCRG