CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The last of the traffic cameras will be going live at 12:01 a.m. Saturday at Williams Blvd and 16th Avenue SW and southbound Interstate 380 at the 1st Avenue overpass.
In a recent study by GATSO, the company operating the cameras, found that 99 percent of all drivers on Interstate 380 were abiding by the speed limit. Only one percent of all traffic traffic traveling on Interstate 380 were going 68 miles per hour or higher.
Locations that are currently operational and their start dates:
* 2nd Avenue and 10th St SE – 3/14/10
* 1st Avenue and 10th St SE – 3/14/10
* Mobile Speed Camera – 2/24/10
* 2nd Avenue and 6th St SW – 3/14/10
* 2nd Avenue and 3rd St SW – 4/1/10
* Edgewood Road and 42nd St NE – 4/25/10
* I-380 NB Diagonal Dr SW – 6/12/10
* Center Pt Rd and Collins Rd NE – 7/24/10
* I-380 NB H Ave NE – 8/27/10
* I-380 SB J Ave NE – 10/16/10
* I-380 SB 1 Ave SW – 12/18/10
* Williams Blvd & 16th Avenue SW – 12/18/10