Cedar Rapids, Iowa News, Sports, and Weather
Heat Lamp Likely the Cause of Dyersville Fire
DYERSVILLE, Iowa - A fire in Dyersville destroyed a shed housing sheep, killing a couple of them. No person was injured.
Dyersville Fire Departments battled the fire at the Black Diamond Double D Stable on Sandstone Drive. That's just off Highway 20 and near Auto Tech. Farley crews were called in to help with water.
Dyersville Fire Chief Al Wessels said it broke out about 9 a.m. Tuesday. Wessels says the fire likely was started by a heat lamp and caused $25,000 in damage.
Firefighters were on the scene for about three hours.