Cedar Rapids Public Works Employee Thanks Lifesaving Responders

By Brady Smith, Reporter

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa -- A Cedar Rapids public works employee is lucky to be alive after being electrically shocked and pronounced clinically dead on Aug. 13.

On Monday, Paul Phillips had a chance to thank the first responders who saved his life.

Phillips, his wife and their 1-year-old daughter joined Cedar Rapids firefighters, police, and paramedics at the new Central Fire Station to thank the rescuers and Phillips' coworkers, who saw Phillips get shocked while adjusting televising equipment.

The first responders involved in the incident received certificates recognizing their work.
facebook twitter email alerts you tube hooplanow

 close  don't show again