Chimney Fire Damages Cedar Rapids Home

Tools

By Ben Hoppenworth

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa - The Cedar Rapids Fire Department was called out to a house fire overnight on Sunday.

Crews responded to a home at 356 East Post Road around 12:30 Sunday Morning. Police say the fire started in the fire place and overheated, spreading smoke into the home.

Everyone inside the house was able to escape without injury. Fire crews had the fire put out in about an hour.

Conversation Guidelines

Be Kind

Don't use abusive, offensive, threatening, racist, vulgar or sexually-oriented language.
Don't attack someone personally. Keep it civil and be responsible.

Share Knowledge

Be truthful. Share what you know and what you are passionate about.
What more do you want to learn? Keep it simple.

Stay focused

Promote lively and healthy debate. Stay on topic. Ask questions and give feedback on the story's topic.

Report Trouble

Help us maintain a quality comment section by reporting comments that are offensive. If you see a comment that is offensive, or you feel violates our guidelines, simply click on the "x" to the far right of the comment to report it.


read the full guidelines here »

Commenting will be disabled on stories dealing with the following subject matter: Crime, sexual abuse, property fires, automobile accidents, Amber Alerts, Operation Quickfinds and suicides.

facebook twitter rss mobile google plus
email alerts you tube hooplanow pinterest instagram

What's On KCRG