Man Dies Following Weekend Fire

By Danielle Plogmann, Producer

WEST UNION - A West Union man died from smoke inhalation Monday.

Fire broke out Sunday afternoon in an apartment above the Napa Auto Parts store.

West Union's fire chief tells TV9 someone left a stove burner on, starting a grease fire.

Thick smoke spread through other apartments and nearby businesses.

Firefighters pulled Merle Fox from one of the other apartments. The fire chief says Fox died Monday morning.
facebook twitter email alerts you tube hooplanow

 close  don't show again