Blaze Erupts Next Door to Cedar Falls Fire Station

CEDAR FALLS (AP) — Cedar Falls firefighters didn't have far to go after a small fire broke out at an apartment next door to the station.

Pam Dodoo says she and her family were cooking dinner Saturday evening when the fire started in the kitchen.

After her husband wasn't able to put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher, she says she ran across an alley to the fire department.

The hallway outside of their third-floor apartment sustained some smoke damage, but the rest of the building was spared.

There were no injuries reported to the couple or their three young children. The Red Cross was assisting the family.

Firefighters didn't say what may have caused the fire.
facebook twitter email alerts you tube hooplanow