Blaze Erupts Next Door to Cedar Falls Fire Station

Tools

By Aaron Hepker

House Fire: 1702 Main St, Cedar Falls

View larger map

CEDAR FALLS (AP) — Cedar Falls firefighters didn't have far to go after a small fire broke out at an apartment next door to the station.

Pam Dodoo says she and her family were cooking dinner Saturday evening when the fire started in the kitchen.

After her husband wasn't able to put out the blaze with a fire extinguisher, she says she ran across an alley to the fire department.

The hallway outside of their third-floor apartment sustained some smoke damage, but the rest of the building was spared.

There were no injuries reported to the couple or their three young children. The Red Cross was assisting the family.

Firefighters didn't say what may have caused the fire.

Conversation Guidelines

Be Kind

Don't use abusive, offensive, threatening, racist, vulgar or sexually-oriented language.
Don't attack someone personally. Keep it civil and be responsible.

Share Knowledge

Be truthful. Share what you know and what you are passionate about.
What more do you want to learn? Keep it simple.

Stay focused

Promote lively and healthy debate. Stay on topic. Ask questions and give feedback on the story's topic.

Report Trouble

Help us maintain a quality comment section by reporting comments that are offensive. If you see a comment that is offensive, or you feel violates our guidelines, simply click on the "x" to the far right of the comment to report it.


read the full guidelines here »

Commenting will be disabled on stories dealing with the following subject matter: Crime, sexual abuse, property fires, automobile accidents, Amber Alerts, Operation Quickfinds and suicides.

facebook twitter rss mobile google plus
email alerts you tube hooplanow pinterest instagram

What's On KCRG